IT Professional Forum
IT Professional Forum (ITPF), founded in 1998 and is formally registered at the Chief District Officer's (CDO) Office, Kathmandu and Social Welfare Council as a non-government and non-profit making organization in 2000, is a team of well established IT Professionals. ITPF members represent private, semi-government, government, academic and financial institutions in Nepal. ITPF is represented in the High Level Commission for Information Technology (HLCIT), Government of Nepal and is an institutional / sectoral member of the Computer Association of Nepal (CAN).
ITPF has conducted numerous national-level Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) policy research to impact Nepalese society towards its economy for growth, equity, and poverty reduction. The policy research areas includes Electronic Transaction & Digital Signature Act & Regulations, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Innovation management, Business incubation, Enterprise development, e-Commerce, e-Government Procurement (e-GP), e-Governance, e-Payments, etc. and provided its assistance to Government of Nepal (GON) for the formation of Electronic Transaction Act, framework for the e-Government Master Plan (eGMP). The Forum is also supporting to run ME/M.Tech. in IT program signing MoU with Kathmandu University. ITPF conducts various other activities such as "Tech Talks" on ICT for Development (ICT4D), IT Development, highly professional software / project management trainings, curriculum development and review for ICT, and other computer training programs.
- Enabling ICT Led Development of Nepal
- To play a catalyst role for the ICT lead development of Nepal
- To advise policy makers and industry in ICT related issuesto impact Nepalese society towards its economy for growth, equity, and poverty reduction
- To provide platform for ICT knowledge sharing among national and international ICT professional, policy makers, social developers and other stakeholders as cross cutting tool
- To explore international market for Nepali ICT industry, services and human resources
- To provide the service to the nation by offering Quality Certification in the ICT
- To represent ICT Professionals of Nepal from diverse sector of economy and society.